EXO D.O.’s long overdue solo album is finally coming! Before anything else, here’s a quick rundown on EXO’s D.O’s career as a singer and Do Kyung Soo’s acting stints.
Here are some one fast facts about him that you might want to know:
ABOUT DO KYUNG SOO’S PERSONAL LIFE
- D.O. has already completed his mandatory military service. He was discharged on January 25, 2021.
- D.O. was born on January 12, 1993.
ABOUT SINGER D.O
- D.O. is one of the main vocalists of legendary K-pop group EXO
- South Korean media dubbed him as the “Final Boss of Vocal Tone” for his smooth vocals, melodic runs and riffs, and powerful belts
- He made his singing debut with the group on April 8, 2012
- His solo tracks so far are:
- That’s Okay
- Crying Out (Cart OST)
- His non-EXO songs are:
- Tell Me (What is Love) – with Yoo Youngjin
- Don’t Worry – with Jo Jungsuk (My Annoying Brother OST)
- Goodbye Summer – f(x) feat. D.O.
- Before announcing his solo debut, D.O. participated in EXO’s special album Don’t Fight the Feeling which was released on June 7
ABOUT ACTOR DO KYUNG SOO
- D.O. is also known as award-winning actor Doh Kyungsoo
- His acting works include:
- Pure Love (film, 2016)
- My Annoying Brother (film, 2016)
- Positive Physique (web series, 2016)
- Room No.7 (film, 2017)
- 100 Days My Prince (TV series, 2018)
- Along with the Gods series (film, 2017, 2018)
- Swing Kids (film, 2018)
- He is currently filming The Moon where he plays an astronaut trapped in space
- He will then transform into a piano prodigy in the South Korean remake of the Taiwanese film, Secret, which will start filming late 2021
ABOUT HIS NEW ALBUM
- D.O. is releasing his first solo mini-album, 공감 (which means sympathy or empathy in English, no official English title yet), on July 26
- The ballad/R&B album contains a total of 8 all-new tracks (6 new songs, 2 bonus tracks)
- D.O. said that the title track is bright and something that’s comforting to listen to
- Who’s excited for EXO D.O.’s EMPATHY? Despite his incredible musicality, his solo album comes nine years after his debut, making his album release one of the most anticipated solo debuts in K-pop!
Have you guys pre-ordered your albums already? EXO’s D.O’s solo album “Empathy” will be released on July 26, but is already available for pre-order today! For everything you need to know you can visit this site: https://do-solo.com.