International streaming app and site iQiyi (iQ.com) gives a fresh and unique twist on the mythical nine-tailed fox as it brings together a multi-talented cast of actors and K-drama hitmakers in “My Roommate is a Gumiho” starring Lee Hye-ri, Jang Ki-Yong, Kang Han Na, Kim Do Wan and Bae In Hyuk.
Already on its 10th episode (as of June 24th), we’ve listed 10 reasons to catch up on this mystical romantic K-drama:
- It is iQiyi’s first owned, produced and exclusive Korean Original, co-produced with Studio Dragon. This comes with perks (for PH too!) such as the simultaneous release with Korea every Wednesday and Thursday, 9:40pm.
- We get to see Lee Hyeri all over again! In her latest role in My Roommate is a Gumiho, we’ll see her lively persona come to life once again as she takes on the role of a college student named Lee Dam in this epic-rom/com drama. In the series, Lee Dam is a highly-independent college student who is also a huge history fan.
- Prepare to fall anew with actor Jang Ki Yong who is best known for his light yet off-the-wall role in Search: WWW and intense portrayal opposite IU in My Mister. As Shin Woo Yeo, an eloquent and knowledgeable century-old nine-tailed fox in My Roommate is a Gumiho. Highly-intelligent but unable to fully empathize with humans, he suddenly finds himself in a situation where he needs to live with a human and find all means possible to retrieve his fox bead.
- We get to see more of Kang Han Na who catapulted into mainstream global attention from her role in Start Up. Kang Han Na’s character is the adventurous and fashionable Yang Hye Sun in the series, the only female gumiho friend to Jang Ki-Yong’s 999-year old character. Yang hye Sun looks perfect on the outside but has already been hurt once 500 years ago, she spent centuries learning Chinese and Korean and is now faced with the challenge of learning the language of the younger generation.
- Up and coming actor Bae In Hyuk is credited for his notable supporting roles in The Spies Who Loved Me and Was it Love, and he is about to fall hard for a girl in My Roommate is a Gumiho. His role, Gye Sun Woo, the most handsome student in the campus dates two to three girls at the same time.
- A highly-recommended go-to tech guy and loyal friend from his Start Up days, we can rely once more on Kim Do-Wan’s support and loyalty as he stars in My Roommate is a Gumiho as Do Jae Jin. His character Jae Jin is Lee Dam’s close friend and is a fool when it comes to love. Despite his good looks and personality, he’s been trying to find true love until he unexpectedly falls for one.
- It is based on Naver’s webtoon megahit “A Terrifying Cohabitation” which has been ranked with a long-standing 9.97 score, over 5 million views and 250K fan reviews.
- Brought by K-drama hitmakers Park Jung Hwa (producer), Baek Sun-woo, Choi Bo-rim (screenwriter) from What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim, Touch Your Heart – top creative minds unite once again for this new and fresh take on modern K-romance fantasy.
- The tension and developing romance between the main and supporting couples are simply adorable! Lee Hye Ri’s character trying to understand Jang Ki Yong’s true feelings and that of Kim Do-Wan’s character trying to avoid pretty, gorgeous girls such as Kang Han Na’s character due to a traumatic experience in the past.
- The sweetest “Gumiho” story you can expect! This is the college or youth version of Gumiho – sweet and dreamy while not shying away from being real about today’s relationship culture.
“My Roommate is a Gumiho” is an iQiyi exclusive and original, download the iQiyi app on smartphones and TV or visit iQ.com to watch.