Here are some of the most memorable moments from the show:
1.) When Seungri forgot about Taeyang’s concert in Manila
• Seungri proudly told VIPs that he’s the second BIGBANG member to hold a solo concert in the Philippines, stating that their leader, G-Dragon, was the first one to do so. Fans quickly corrected him, saying that he is actually the third member that brought his solo tour to our country, as Taeyang performed in Manila few weeks after GD’s concert. Seungri then laughed it off, admitted his cute mistake, and then joked around saying he forgot because he wasn’t keeping track of Taeyang’s schedule since his hyung was already a married man.
2.) When he sang Iñigo Pascual’s song “Dahil Sa’yo” with Dara
• Seungri made sure that his effort to get closer to his Pinoy fans would go beyond learning few Tagalog words and phrases. Thus, the BIGBANG maknae actually learned a whole song! Seungri showcased his flawless Tagalog singing skills and accent with Dara via Iñigo Pascual’s song “Dahil Sa’yo.”
3.) When he made an impromptu song about “Tagumpay”
• Seungri asked a cameraman how to translate his stage name “Victory” to Tagalog. He then created a song about the Tagalog version of his name, “Tagumpay.” Seungri also talked about wanting to release an album in the Philippines, and thinks that his impromptu song is good enough to be a part of his dream album.
4.) When he noticed a fan in the crowd
• A lucky fan got Seungri’s attention during the concert, the singer even asked his fanboy to dance on-cam!
5.) When he showed memes of his BIGBANG hyungs to VIPs
• VIPs couldn’t help but laugh when Seungri compared his hyungs’s hairstyles and facial features to various items such as a rolled kimbap, a piece of tamago sushi, and a slide at a water park.
6.) When Ryan Bang and Anne Curtis joined Seungri and Dara on stage
• One huge surprise during his concert was when “It’s Showtime” hosts Ryan Bang and Anne Curtis joined Seungri and Dara on stage. Seungri even asked the hosts if BIGBANG can come to the ABS-CBN show as guests one day. The two Filipino artists gladly said they’d welcome the boys to the show. Ryan Bang even requested Seungri to play the “gong” during the show, but Seungri quickly disapproved of Ryan’s idea explaining that it’s Ryan “job” to be the gong guy.
7.) When Dara attempted to try the #SwitchItUpChallenge
• Dara surprised the crowd with an adorkable version of the “Switch It Up Dance Challenge.” She also performed a solo version of various 2NE1 songs such as their debut song “Fire,” followed by “I Am The Best,” “Crush,” and “Go Away.”
8.) When he called his mom during the concert
• During his talk, Seungri told his fans that his mom was texting him. Towards the end the show, Seungri actually video called his mom to show her the crowd at the Mall of Asia Arena.
Seungri’s the “The Great Seungri Tour 2019” definitely proved that he might just be the funniest BIGBANG member. Some fans even think that the singer-songwriter might actually have a future in stand-up comedy due to his funny antics, stories, and one-liners.
But, aside from the entertaining parts of the show, what made his tour even more memorable was his sincerity and genuine efforts to communicate well with his PH VIPs, which was even more evident when he brought a Philippine flag on stage.
Additionally, during the tour, Seungri performed solo renditions of BIGBANG’s hits such as “Baebae,” “BangBangBang,” “Fantastic Baby,” “Lies,” and “Flower Road,” among others. Plus, G-Dragon’s song “Crooked,” Taeyang’s track “Eyes, Nose, Lips,” and his own song “Where R U From.” He concluded his show with his final song, “In My World.”
Photo from: Loong Studio龍工作室